Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

"It" Became "Her"

With todays technology how could I not keep a record of my pregnancy and subsequent motherhood? I mean if my daughter is anything like me she'll LOVE this. It's so wierd to say that, my daughter. And who am I kidding, by the time she's my age, 27, she'll have a chip in her brain recording her thoughts or something LOL

Her father, Corey and I had our big Ultrasound yesterday and we got to see her. There was definately a big "void" between those tinly little legs confirming what we thought, girl. Our dreams and plans have taken on a little baby girl now. It's amazing how quickly they changed from unknown scenarios to concrete wishes.

My biggest wish is for Corey to take care of himself and walk her down the asile when she gets married. I made him promise in his sleep last night (as I lay awake because of heartburn, ay ai ai).

So I'm 18W3D, due July 9th. I can't believe I've slacked on belly pictures, I'm just not really showing yet and until we saw how perfect she was I was in denial that everything was OK. I know I know, silly. So this Sunday at 19W I *have* to start my belly pictures.

For My Darling Baby Girl: We got to see you yesterday and learn that you are in fact a girl. Your Dad wants to name you Samantha and I think I'm going to let him, I would have named you Cadence if I had my way :) You're going to be Daddy's Little Girl though I just know it. I think you really liked the warmth of the laptop last night because when I had it on my belly you kicked me for the first time! We have a video of your Ultrasound and I can't wait to sit with you and watch it together. I love you so much already. - Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter