Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Henry

Corey got a new toy this weekend. Well the way he's been acting about it, he got a new CHILD this weekend. His name is Henry and he is old. Very old. Born in 1948 actually. Henry came to us from Guelph Ontario but lived most of his life in Texas. He was in Guelph Ontario when we bought him off Ebay, his owner didn't have time to care for him. I can see why.

Henry is a LOT of work.

Henry doesn't even have HEAT (oh don't worry - Corey said - I'll get a portable heater).

He sure did put a perma-grin on his "Daddy" I tell ya. Heck Corey was even jumping up and down while waiting for him to be delivered.

I present....Henry



My daughter is bringing me LUCK LUCK LUCK! Here's what's happened in the luck department since I've been pregnant:

Dec 3rd - Go to work Christmas Party. Win the second best prize of the night in a draw, (first was a $3000 travel voucher) a brand new IBM desktop computer with flat screen monitor! Seriously this was cooler than the travel voucher IMO. My Ebay venture is so much easier to run and I got all these cool toys for Christmas (new desk, chair, printer, flash drive and wireless USB).

A few weeks ago - Go to BINGO with FMIL (who goes like every day, well almost) and WIN! It was only like $50 but it paid for my afternoon and I got to yell Bingo. The rush from that is so cool. I didn't even stay for the next session like she wanted me to, I was up and not ready to lose it!

Saturday night - Tammy's girls dance competitively and were holding a Valentines Day dance for a fundraiser to go to Mertle Beach this summer. There were all kinds of little prizes (Corey and I won 200 free digital prints) and they also had a 50/50 draw. Guess who won $440?? MOI! I couldn't believe it!

I didn't win the 10 million dollar lottery on Friday, but she can't be perfect :) I'm going to keep trying though, this kid is L-U-C-K-Y.

For My Darling Baby Girl: OK why were you so happy yesterday? You were wiggling around in there for hours! Daddy says it's because of his new truck *eyeroll*. Did you like that seafood I ate for lunch? I hope so, Mommy needs someone to go to Red Lobster with :) A stranger asked if I was expecting today, the first random person to ask. I was beaming when I said yes, I'm already so proud of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter