Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Next Month

Saturday I felt the BEST I have in MONTHS. It was like a day of clarity. I took Sam to the Early Years Centre and we had so much fun. Then we hung around the house with Daddy all afternoon and evening. It was a nice happy good feeling day. Sam went down to bed and Daddy and I started to tease eachother so I went upstairs, had a nice shower, Daddy chilled some wine, I put on some "sexy" maternity pj's (I looked rediculous), I even blow dried and straightened my hair.

Yea, half way into my glass of wine I started feeling the heartburn. It was SECONDS before the puking started (I had to use the popcorn bowl).

I just realized that I called Corey Daddy up there in that paragraph. OMG. I've gotten so used to calling him Daddy at home! It's funny because sometimes I'll call him at work and I'll say "Hi Daddy". Does this happen to every couple??

I still can't believe I'm having a baby NEXT MONTH. Well I'm due next month, but knowing my family history I'm betting on an early June baby. Still, it's creeping up so fast! I've already started planning what foods I'm going to eat all summer lol. I think that's what I'm most looking forward to, being able to eat normally. Yea yea the baby will be great, but it's food that I miss desperately at this point ;)

Hey it's tough being a pregnant lady who can't eat anything ok? It's consumed my life lol.

I just got through a stint with some nasty bronchitis too. Throw in some teething (2 year molars already!!??!!) and a sick Daddy (sick man - 'nuff said), omg I was a wreck. I really don't know who is suckier when sick, Sam or Dad, but man oh man am I ever thankful that she doesn't get sick often. He doesn't either actually. Thank you!

So I'm stuck between wanting 4 kids now and being DONE. This pregnancy thing sucks, so I'm firm on waiting at least 3 years before the next one, I NEED my body back. I know I'm taking a risk though because a few of my friends have said don't stop because when they start dressing themselves it's REALLY hard to imagine starting all over again lol. I can see the "get it over with" approach.

But then there's the other side of things. Sam has started helping around the house, well as much as a 21 month old can, but it's great! She'll pass you stuff, helps Dad unload the dishwasher (hands him the plastics and non-knife utensils) and yesterday handed me all the clothes from her hamper for me to put away (and that helps when you're 7 months pregnant let me tell you).

So we started thinking, with 4 kids, what would we ever have to do around the house? lol. The kids would all need chores, that's all less stuff for us to do!

I know I know, in a perfect world. It really can't be this easy, I must've gotten lucky with this one. Or maybe the more you add the less control you have...I don't know. But man, with 4 I could be sitting pretty....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter