Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Normal Pregnant

OK....I don't want to jinx myself here...but it's been SIX DAYS since I last threw up. AND, I am eating like a champ. *knock on wood* I'm avoiding all the heartburn foods, don't want to chance it, but I've GOT to be gaining weight (Brownie Iced Cappuccino's, good thing I have to limit caffine!). I gained back 3 of the 5 I lost when I was sick, so DR is happier, but warned me to keep gaining at the last appointment.

I played poker at work last night. Came in 7th (out of 24). Not too shabby! I made it to the final table! It was a lot of fun too, got in some good pregnancy jokes. Someone asked where the doughnuts where and I got mad at him for even mentioning that word. This morning the guy sent me a coupon for some free Krispy Kremes lol.

I've been thinking about my mom a lot lately. Mostly wondering what it was like for her, with me, at this age. I mean she would have had me and been pregnant with my brother, almost exactly as far along as I am (my bro and I are 23 months apart). Sam is at such an amazing age now too. I love every minute I spend with her, we have so much fun, so much laughter. I love making up silly songs about the things she loves. Her favourite:

(To the tune of Frere Jacques)
My Blanket, My Blanket
Give it a smell, Give it a smell
I love it so much, I love it so much
My Blanket, My Blanket

(To the tune of Spider Man)
Silly Sam, Silly Sam
Silly silly silly silly Sam
Silly Sam, Silly Sam
Silly silly silly silly Sam
Silly Sam! She's got a shoe on her hand!

I made that last one up when she was being silly and taking her shoes off in the car. She LOVES that song now and I have to sing it everytime she puts her shoe on her hand. Yesterday she had both shoes on her hands and at the end of the song clapped them together, "Look Mommy! Clap!". I sing the song everytime she does something silly too, I just change the last part to "She's hiding under her blanket" or whatever it is that she's doing.

Went off on a tangent there...just wanted to record those two songs I made up. I'm a lyrical genious I tell ya (Silly Sarah!).

So yea, having a daughter and can't help but wonder what it was like for my mother having a daughter this age. Did she sing to me? Were we goofy? How different was it for her at 21 years old? Was it hard for her being pregnant and chasing after me? Was I as verbally advanced (and as slow in the motorskills department) as Sam?

And how could she forget all that? How could she lose hope?

I know all the logical answers. It's the heart that still questions. I guess it always will. It saddens me, but it doesn't change me. I will never get my answers and will never stop having questions. When they come, I can cry and feel sad.

All it takes is one look at my daughters smiling face, one kiss, one hug, one "I love you" and I know what my heart knows. Enjoy this thing called life. I'm one of the lucky ones :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter