Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

A spring....I missed you so much. Winter was such a Witch-with-a-B this year. Cold cold cold. I did good though and walked outside to and from Union Station about 95% of the time. It was hard, but man oh man worth it. Not only am I more physically fit because of it, but I so appreciate the spring that much more. I have a "spring" in my step when I walk now!

I want to highlight two tools that have contributed to my success with my physical transformation, www.myfitnesspal.com (my username is LongMom if you want to add me) and http://fuzionworkout.com/.

MyFitnessPal is the tool I use to log my foods to ensure I'm getting a calorie deficit every day. It has also become a source of motivation and support - it's like Facebook for healthy people!

Fuzion workout is a dance aerobics class that evolved from Zumba. I have become great friends with the instructor and attend both Tuesday and Thursday classes. This workout in my mind has fullfilled my need to dance. This need was previously filled by High School dances and clubbing. As those options are no longer feasible to me I'm so incredibly lucky to have stumbled upon this alternative. I love Skye and her energy!

What else. I think I have found a new job! Talk was starting to happen around this department, they were wanting to promote me within my position to a new level and I think I've known for a while that this job is NOT for me. I mean don't get me wrong, I can do it, but I don't think I've hidden the fact that I don't LIKE it. I was inspired by various networking events to get out there and network and guess it was good advice because it seems to have worked! I approached someone who I had worked with once on a problem we had and asked her if we could do lunch to talk about her job and she readily said yes and even brought her co-workers! I really liked them and the job they do so I'm applying - fingers crossed!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter