Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sarah and Corey + 2

Woah! Time! What the heck are you doing to me? I'm back at work! How nuts is that?

So yea, I have a 13 month old and a 3 year old now! Time sure flies! My year off....how do I capture this....going to have to go at it point form, there's a lot.
  • Had baby, adjusted, sucky summer both weather and adjustment wise.
  • Sam breaks leg on Thanksgiving Monday. Holy boring! She couldn't walk and so I had two babies in diapers not walking. Longest 7 weeks EVER.
  • Christmas was wonderful! Grandma and Pop pop came over for a few days and it felt like a vacation. Sam was amazing!
  • Winter Blues :( I had a case of them let me tell you. The snow was NOT fun. Getting around with a 2 year old and newborn is tough enough...throw in snow?
  • Made some BFF's. Kim and Kathy have become two of my closest friends! Kim and I reconnected over my pool last summer and kept the playdates weekly! Towards the end it became 2-3 times a week. Her kids, Claire and Addison are perfect for my kids, age wise lol. Kathy and I bonded over our love of drama and gossip lol. It has since evolved into a deep friendship and I don't know what I'd do without her.
  • Many ups and downs between Corey and I. A very major incident that could have destroyed us but has instead made us stronger. I have never felt as secure in my life.
  • A two week trip to NJ that start and began with a 14 hour train ride. It was a roller coaster the whole trip but I managed to do some growing up and learning. Learned to never take a 1 and 3 year old on the train alone again!
  • Spend quality time with my kids. We went to Move and Groove, playdates, park trips, shopping, walking around Brampton, concerts in the park, Gage, Chincousay. It was great having the time to watch them grow, especially Sam who has become her own little person - and a great one at that!
  • Started playing poker - in real life! I play weekly for free, well you can win pub gift certificates and one trip to vegas per year. It's "my night" to get out every week and be a person on my own. I love the game and the people who play are all awesome.
  • House wise we're still doing improvements. New pool liner, new pool stones, new backyard landscaping and a nice new deck. Corey did all of it by himself with the cheapest materials he could find (and for Corey that means good quality stuff at a bargain - craigslist, friends, habitat for humanity restore).
  • Got a new cat, Winnie. Corey brought her home at 8 weeks on Dec 31, 2008. Freckles never did make it over to our house.
  • Got to spend quality time with brothers. Both came down last summer and then Dan was down again this March. He's now living on his own in a group home. I went to visit them on Dan's b-day all alone. It was a great bonding weekend.

So now life is back to "normal" and I'm working 5 days a week. I found a nice private home "Daycare" for the girls. The people running it (husband and wife) speak French and have all 4 of their kids in French school, bonus! The kids are still adjusting but it's getting better. It's nice to see them miss me and feel like they'd be better with me :)

I have to say though, it is very nice to be back at work, if only to be an adult for 8 hours a day lol. This is so much easier than being home 24/7! I just don't have it in me. I'm getting better at keeping the house "clean" and "organized", but my heart has never been into it. It just has to be done!

The work itself here at work is crap. I'm not getting clear training/direction and am dealing with the same crap that was going on before I left. I don't know what they accomplished while I was gone! I think I need a change and so I've been applying internally ever since I got back. I've been in this position for 10 years....it's about time I changed things up a bit!

I'm continuing to learn about myself and implement change. Sometimes it works, other times it backfires. I'm opening up and being honest with people and it seems to help during those times when it's backfiring. It's also "chased" a few people off, but that's to be expected. I'm being BRUTALLY honest, no more drama!

I feel like I have a good handle on things and an over all balanced life :) It's a good time for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter