Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So We Bought This House...

Corey and I hate hate hate living in this city. It's gray, busy, ugly. We want to move to Fredericton, New Brunswick within the next few years. We've even gone so far as to buy a house! Here it is:


It's a nice house, six bedrooms, the basement is a completely separately rented 3 bedroom apartment, a good investment property because it's already completely rented. The amount of the rent being received is enough to cover the mortgage payments, so we'd get a nice chunk of it paid off before even moving down! After the holidays we start our negotiations and finally, mid January, we reach an agreement. Corey and I bust our butts off getting all of our paperwork and mortgage information in order to meet the fast approaching closing date. Two days before closing the vendors other lawyer says they have to delay things because HE DIDN'T KNOW THER SELLER IS A RESIDENT OF AND LIVES IN CHINA!!!! Fine. OK. Hey, it gives us an extra month to save up for that crazy down payment we have to come up with.

I decide to e-mail my lawyer yesterday and make sure we're still OK for Feb 28th. Nope. Sellers lawyer needs until AT LEAST the end of March, maybe more. I wrote the lawyer and told him that this was unacceptable. We're losing out on $1100 a month here! We were nice and understanding the first month but no sir, this is money we're talking about here. So I wrote back and told him that we want the rent or a reduction in price in relation to the rent as of March 1st and we wanted all lawyer fees that we will now have to pay to draw up new papers etc. to be paid by the seller.

My lawyer was really cool about it and said he understood our position and would do what he could. I think in his first e-mail he couldn't really say anything to influence our decision but was happy that we came back with what we did.

I just want to own the house. We pay so little rent living with Corey's parents, we need something to pay towards. Neither one of us is good with just "saving". It's too easy for things to come up (like you know, a TRUCK - see Charlie entry).

For My Darling Baby Girl: Our dream is to raise you and your future brothers and sisters in New Brunswick. I can't express to you how miserable we are in this city. Most of your Dad's family is in New Brunswick and let me tell you it's beautiful. I hope that by the time you're reading this you know that for yourself and in fact, know nothing else but that beauty. I dream about taking you fishing on the Miramichi, skating on our big homemade pond, playing in a huge backyard...just having fun together as a family. We want to give you the best of everything, we love you that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter