Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Adult Time

Saturday night Grandma had the kid. Corey and I had a 30th birthday party to go to at a bar. It was nice being out and socializing with other people but man oh man...I have a problem.

All I could talk about was pregnancy and my kid.

What happened to me?

The other girls at the table were all younger, the oldest was 26 I think. Two had kids, two didn't. One 23 year old with a 3 year old daughter and one 25 year old with a 5 year old son. Neither one of them wants another kid and looked at me like I had two heads when I told them I was desperate to deliver naturally.

I'm old. I'm an old maid.

No but seriously, it was fun. The guys were all nice, made some jokes (one guy called me FAT though, child), especially when I ordered food. Everyone was trying as hard as they could (including the two girls with kids) to get as drunk as possible. The bar was crowded, mostly men because the UFC fight was on. I felt rather rediculous navigating through the place to get to the washroom, man I've gotten HUGE since I've started eating again (still no puking! knock on wood!). I did watch the main fight though, the winner was a guy from Montreal who looked damn fine in his tight shorts. There was a big brawl outside the bar afterwards. Not surprised, give kids booze and ultimate fighting and well you've got a recipe for disaster. The 5 cop cruisers that showed up were nice, no one was arrested. Two girls were involved in the fight, I was shocked. They were right in the middle getting thrown to the ground etc. Even when I was young...I would NEVER. Tough cookies those two (and quite drunk). Oh and the wife of the guy who was turning 30 got him a birthday cake in the shape of two boobs, nipples included. She IS 23...I dunno.

I'm old.

Yesterday we were kidless all day and what did we do? Cleaned. It was so nice to clean in peace lol.

I think I'm nesting though, because it didn't take much to get me started. That's been the hard part lately, getting going.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter