Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Second Mother's Day

Mothers Day II was great. Daddy and Sam went to the local nursery and picked up a bunch of flowers (in plant form) for "my garden". They did the same for Grandma. They went to her house first to plant and then came to ours. I got to clean (can you believe that's what I ended up doing?) surf the net in peace (usually I've got a 22 month old screaming "Yo Gabba Gabba Mommy!") and have a nap. Sam and Dad got home in the middle of my nap, but they let me sleep and took a nap of their own. After about an hour Sam came into our room and I thought we were done for, but she crawled into bed and cuddled with me. Waking up yet another hour later with her little arm around my chest and her little leg on top of my huge belly was heart warming. Those are the moments.

We all went outside to plant the flowers. They made me two gorgeous hanging baskets and planted flowers all over the side and back yards. I tried to help, but what could I do? I can't bend, can't shovel and the dirt smelled like poo. In fact, I aparently know nothing about flowers/gardens because even the places I chose to plant my flowers were "wrong". Corey had to show me how to read labels for sun requirements, explain that tall flowers go in the back...I was so clueless. I did get to play with the camera though. I'll have to upload some shots to the blog.

It may seem like an odd gift for me since I know nothing about flowers, but it was perfect. Now we'll have some colour in our backyard and I can proclaim it all MINE. My kid and husband can take care of them for me and feel accomplished and proud. I can teach (and learn!) Sam about the different flowers, gives us something to do over the summer...I hope it does continue to be a Mother's Day tradition. I don't need "things". Heck I never even wear the jewlery I have now, why add to the dusty collection?

The ONLY thing I do want in the future is breakfast in bed. Corey always forgets breakfast because he doesn't eat it. Well I do. I was raised a Quebecer Dammit! Breakfast is the best meal of the day! Some fried eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast please! I haven't had a good breakfast in...omg...months. I need me some breakfast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter