Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Is There A Prescription For "Shopaholic"?

Hello. My name is Sarah and I'm a shopaholic.

I really do have a problem. This is no joke! So this weekend...

Friday was nice. Took Corey out for some green beer (I wanted a Shamrock shake but McDonalds doesn't make them anymore!). I had a fish dinner because as far as I'm concerned I'm not gaining anymore weight ( ya right). No but seriously, I'm going to try and be good from now on. I had an orange shake but it was a holiday (and the only ice cream I had all weekend thank-you-very-much!). We didn't stay out long because we were both tired but it was nice to get out just the two of us.

Saturday morning Tammy and I went out for breakfast. We went to Perkins and had a lovely time. Our good time then continued at our biggest mall in Ontario, Vaughn Mills Mall. Holy Moly did we walk (good thing, need EXERCISE!). I bought some cute underwear for myself, boxers for Corey and some sleep pants for Corey. Oh and I bought some body butter for my belly (though it might be too late - stretch mark city!). Tammy got a lot of cute clothes for amazing deals, sigh. Next year! Nothing fit me of course. We did go to another mall though and I bought two t-shirts. They were a bit expensive but I wanted to try my iron-on transfer paper. When we got home we helped Corey a bit with the lasagna preparation and then I went and picked up my Auntie Lianne who was coming by for a visit. We had a nice visit, played some crib, ate like pigs and I got to bed quite late (1am!).

Tammy woke me up on Sunday to go back out shopping. Good thing Corey needed the car so we got a late start and only had a couple of hours of open store time. We hit the dollar store (where I spend $15 freakin' dollars, I know, HOW?) then Home Depot. She got some paint and I looked at border paper. They had a cute "Precious Moments" one that I showed Corey later. He liked it too but would still like to "get creative" and make our own little designs etc. We'll see, I think we're a little too lazy for a project like that. I dragged Tammy to a maternity clothes store and tried on half the damn place. $85 later (pants, skirt and 3 shirts!) we headed home. See what I mean by PROBLEM? I'm closing on a house in less than two weeks!!! I'm getting our taxes done tonight so I hope I get back a LOT of money, I need it.

I have avoided my online banking website (usually checked daily) all day because I'm afraid of the damage. If I don't see it it didn't happen right?

This eating healthy thing SUCKS. First off, when I was having a McFlury/Shake/Drumstick daily the heartburn was MUCH better. It's back with a vengeance, cruel cruel body. Second, I never woke up in the middle of the night to eat. That had completely stopped. Well I've had to get up the last two nights in a row because I was STARVING. I even tried having soup before bed last night and was still up ("Soup? You think soup can replace ICE CREAM? Are you high?" said my body). So I get up and have my little cup of fruit mixed with cottage cheese. High in protein! Ugh. I should have been more careful and spaced out the ice cream all along. When will I learn? Next baby, I promise.

For My Darling Baby Girl: Do you know how to wrap your Daddy around your little finger already or what? Kicking him EVERY time he talks to you now has him smitten. He calls and asks how his baby girl is doing. At first I thought he meant me but NOPE, I no longer exist. I'm just the vessel carrying his precious baby girl. I do love it though. Seeing his face light up when you do it melts my heart. This morning you were dead asleep - you don't like mornings, just like your mom - and he started talking to you...you kicked him 7 times, we counted. How did you like that music we played for you yesterday? Your dad isn't too happy that I'm playing hard core hip hop so we'll keep those blaring car rides to ourselves ok? You can blame him for the Bedouin Soundclash 50 million times, it's currently his favourite song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter