Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Work work and more work

I'm hella busy at work lately. We're implementing a new customer on Monday and things are NOT going too well testing wise. Lucky me gets to fix ALL the little mistakes that are made. Yahoo. This week has just flown by though, which is nice. 12 weeks left of work!!!!!!! I might have to work this weekend but that just means more $$$$. My raise kicked in this week too so the money will be even more! I hope Corey has to work.

I have a doctors appointment this evening. My 24 week appointment. I am NOT looking forward to finding out how much weight I've gained. My belly has really popped since my 20 week appointment so there's got to be some extra weight there. Add to that all the junk I've been eating and.....I'm scared. I also hate peeing in a cup.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's day! Green beer! Oh wait...nevermind. Last year was my best St. Patrick's Day EVER. As soon as I told Corey I had never had green beer he took me out to a bar for some. The bar was an Irish bar and they had it decked out with decorations and even had some dancers perform throughout the day. The Irish music was blaring and the atmosphere was festive. The best part was the bar was just down the road from us so we walked. We drank and drank and drank, I don't think either one of us remembered leaving! In fact, I didn't make it into work the next day :) I had my first "real" St. Patrick's Day celebration at the age of 26. I was so happy he took me and we experienced that and am even more so now because we may never get to do it again (well together like that). Certainly not this year eh?

I've been in a GREAT mood lately, not tired and cranky at all. This is probably why women say being pregnant is great, I could easily focus on this stage and not the others.

For My Darling Baby Girl: Yesterday you did the best thing ever. Your Dad talked right into my belly to say goodnight to you and he had his head resting right on my belly. When he talked you kicked him right in the cheek! Both of us felt it and he was so proud. He's convinced you knew it was him and that you love him already. He's probably right! I can't get my head down there so I hope you hear me too. I know you definitely love the ice cream treats I've been eating every evening. Your kicks are the strongest after one of those suckers. Anything sweet gets you going though :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter