Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Too Perfect For Words


Here she is, Samantha Catherine Long. She has Mommy's nose and Daddy's mouth/chin. We were lucky to get this shot because she kept putting her hands in front of her face!

Here she is licking herself! Seeing her do this was sooooo cute. She has a really long tongue!


Here's a body shot. The ultrasound tech said she has a "big belly" and is Chubby. I knew those McFlury's were paying off!

So we went to the Ultrasound place and watched her swim around for 37 minutes. For the most part her hands were in front of her face and we had to say "move baby" about a million times. At one point she was getting frustrated with us shaking her and she turned around and put her butt in our faces. Nice! Corey and I loved the experience. We have the whole thing on DVD and 37 pictures on CD. These are momento's she'll be able to share with her own kids.

Afterwards we went to register at Walmart and BabiesRus. Our Walmart registery can be found at www.walmart.com and the BabieRus at www.babiesrus.ca Walmart's website sucks, you have pretty much no pictures because nothing is available online, you have to use the registry machine in the store. BabiesRus (found at any ToysRus) had a LOT of stuff, we should have gone there first. It was perfect timing to go though because we were high from the ultrasound and in full baby mode. We did register for some bedding but I think we might change it. I think it's a little too plain and not gender specific. Let's see if I can convince Daddy.

For My Darling Baby Girl: You are too cute! Daddy sleeps with his arms at his face and so do you. You have my nose though (you'll thank me I'm sure). It was the first thing I noticed about you actually. So cute and perfect, like mine! Ha ha. It was nice to confirm that you're a girl, I really would have been dissapointed otherwise. Your dad would have as well, he's already considering you his princess. The only problem with seeing you like that, I now can't wait until I hold you in my arms. Time is suddenly moving a lot slower.

2 Comments:

Blogger W&MGrad said...

Sarah-

The ultasound pictures are just too wonderful! I bet this makes things very "real" for you now...how exciting!
-Mindy

11:22 AM  
Blogger Neva4getme said...

Thanks Mindy :) It does make things VERY real. When I feel her move now I picture what she was doing in the ultrasound. It's so cool.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter