Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Where has the week gone?

Am I the only one who does this? I wake up every Monday morning and think to myself omg, I have a whole week of work in front of me. But I bet it'll be Friday before I know it. Then..before you know it, it's Friday. Yea OK this is rather pointless to write about but I do think about that! Time seems to just FLY. I get anxious when I really start thinking about it. I mean before I know it I'll be 54 and my DAUGHTER will be 27.

I woke up last night and started getting anxious thinking about actually delivering this baby. I mean how the heck am I going to do this? I calm myself down by thinking to myself about the millions of women who do it every day. But still...the pain? The uncertainty? Ripping? Pushing? THE PAIN?

I smell good. Went to a "Spa Party" on Wednesday and of course bought something. I bought a nice smelling body spray and some eye things (you put them on your eyes to relax). The party itself was nice, all the girls had very young children and the demonstrator was pregnant so it was baby talk galore. Saw some of the newborn diapers, they're so tiny! I can't believe I'm going to have something living and breathing that fits in them. Anyway, we got to have hand treatments, feet treatments, face treatments and passed around a nice warm neck relaxer thing. I didn't book a party of my own and asked her to not call me in a few months to see if I changed my mind. Score one point for living with the in-laws, what a great excuse!

Took a hit in the emotions department. On Wednesday morning Neil sent me a text message saying "I miss her so much". I started bawling at my desk. Good thing my neighbour wasn't at his desk. I wrote him back "I know you do. You always will". I gave it a bit of thought before I responded. I didn't want to say "I do too" because I didn't want it to be about me, I didn't want to tell him "It's going to be OK" because it won't always....it just hits you sometimes. I phone him later and he said he'd had a bad morning but that he was better. Really though, it broke my heart. They were so close...heck they lived next door to eachother. He saw her every day. He wasn't alone. How could she do this do him of all people. How could she set it up so he would be the one to find her. He was her child.

So Wednesday was a down day. The spa party helped keep my mind off things. Corey is working evenings this week so I've been pretty much on my own every evening. I think I'm going to go swimming tonight, it's "Women Only" at the local pool. This means a trip to the maternity store for a bathing suit...uh oh! Need. To. Control. Spending.

For My Darling Baby Girl: On Sunday we get to see you at our 3D Ultrasound! I can't wait to see what you look like and how much you've grown. My friends told me I'll even be able to see if you have hair! Afterwards we're going to go register for gifts for the shower your grandma is having for me. Your Dad and I are probably going to have a few differences of opinion on certain things. I'll do my best! See you Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter