Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm A Baby Wearer

Things are going good. Daniel leaves tomorrow and it's been a nice quiet visit. I don't think he minds as much as I thought he would. He gets to play on the computer all day, eat as much as he wants and stay up until whenever he wants :) We took him shopping for some new clothes and sandals, he visited the neighbours kid, went to hockey with Corey and went swimming at a friends pool yesterday. I usually took him to Canada's Wonderland, Ontario Science Centre etc. but I can't leave the house for too long with a nursing baby. It's stressful going to Walmart and worrying about her waking up to eat!

The breastfeeding is still a challenge. I'm still supplementing with formula and I hate it. I just don't feel like it's helping. So there's a plan, after Daniel leaves I'm taking a "nursing vacation". That means staying in bed for a few days and feeding constantly. I have to increase my milk supply. I'm also meeting a friend on Tuesday and borrowing her pump. The cheapo one I bought broke on day 2. I'll buy the parts that milk have touched and use her pump. Any way I can save $$$ at this point. I'm on unemployment now! I'm also determined to make this work :)

Samantha LOVES her sling. It's great for me too, I can eat, play on the computer, walk around, with my pretty princess strapped to my chest. She's a warm little bugger but it's so wonderful. I can just bend my head down and kiss her cute face whever I want. She also moves around and snuggles right into me. I'm an official baby wearer. I must remember to take a picture and post it.

Corey just got in with my greek take out. Better go eat before she wakes!!!

For My Darling Baby Girl: On Monday it's just you and me kid. No more Grandma, no more Uncle Daniel. It's just us for the first time. I'm warning you though, you're going to eat from the boob, so it might not be the easy time we've been having when your belly is filled with formula. Give it time, I'm going to suffer too!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter