Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Next Time, No Summer

I don't think there is going to be a "good time" to be pregnant but the summer SUCKS. I'm like less than 3 weeks away from my due date, HUGE and it's freakin 30C+. I can't explain how hot I am all the time. Well except for bed where we have the air conditioning running 24/7 at a very chilly temp. Maybe that's how I'm able to sleep for 11 hours a night. Well minus about 4 pee's, an early morning bowl of cereal and usually about 1/2 hour of thinking (mostly about delivery). I really couldn't imagine having to go to work right now. I'm so lucky I have this vacation time.

Some people say delivering in winter sucks because after the baby is born you can't take him/her out for walks etc. I doubt I'll be taking this baby out during the day. Poor thing will need to be covered so the sun don't hurt her, it's hard to breathe in this humidity/smog and I don't like to sweat, I can't imagine my daughter will like it. I guess I can take her for evening walks now though, but then you have misquitos! West Nile virus!

I think I'll aim for spring or fall. Yea, that sounds like a good plan for the next one.

Tonight is a big night for Corey. The Oilers play the hurricanes for the Stanley Cup. It's the final game, the big show. Corey is SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. If his team wins my daughter is doomed. She'll have no choice but to be an Oilers fan I'm afraid. Daddy is already calling her their lucky charm. I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and Corey HATES that. I will admit I'm rooting for the Oilers tonight though, it's been 13 years since Lord Stanley came home to Canada!

Soap Operas are so stupid. Why do I watch them?

I watched the new show "Treasure Hunters" last night. I'm sorry, Amazing Race kicks it's ass. I don't know why, I just didn't like it! I'm really enjoying Hells Kitchen though. Chef Ramsey is the bomb. This Wednesday my summer favourite starts (kinda). Big Brother. I really liked it when I was bored at work. I'm hoping this year will be fun for me because I can check in on the houseguests at all hours of the day when the baby gets up for a feeding :)

There's no AC in this room and I'm eating dinner. I should get into the TV room where there's a fan blowing.

For My Darling Baby Girl: You have such a personality in there! Between bum rubs and hiccups your Daddy is having a great time getting you going. I however am getting a little concerned with the lack of space you've got in there. I'm peeing all the time, my ribs hurt when you kick me and the pressure you exert when you push your bum into us to be rubbed, ouch! The final countdown is on though. I hope you're excited to meet us!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah -

Sorry, but I hope THE CANES with the cup tonight. Gotta route for the state team even though my favorite team is the Avalanche. It's hot here in NC as well. 90+ degrees predicted all week, summer is fastly approaching and I'm with you on sweating...no fun. -- J

10:21 PM  
Blogger W&MGrad said...

I don't know how hot 30C+ is, but it sounds hot! You must be miserable! Tell Corey to get you some AC!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter