Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

An End In Sight

Well today I had my 40week 2 Day appointment and because I'm overdue they did an internal. I'm 1 cm dialated but still very "thick" so she said still quite a long way off. She said she'd stimulate things so I think she stripped my membranes and I also had a bit of "show". That itself was exciting!

Then she said they would need to schedule the induction because they don't let you go longer than 41 weeks because the placenta starts breaking down. I have a non-stress test scheduled for Saturday (they'll monitor the heartbeat and do an ultrasound) and then if nothing happens I go in Monday night for the "gel" and Tuesday morning at 7:30am to be induced.

Yesterday I was SO READY for this, so why am I freaking out???

For My Darling Baby Girl: This time next week, I'll be holding you in my arms. Just thinking about it makes me choke up a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger W&MGrad said...

Hmm, haven't heard from you for a while...I'm betting that Samantha is finally here!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she went into labor the latter portion of last week. She was talking about some cramping in some of her posts. Can't wait to see the first pics.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter