Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me

When did I stop caring about my birthday? Remember when we used to count halves, like seventeen and a HALF was such a monumental day. Not any more!

I'm 28 today. Woopie. Nothing special about that number. Corey just gave me the sweetest card. He knows me so well. Anyway, thought I was having the baby this morning when I had ONE cramp. Yea yea, I'm at that stage ok, I just want it to happen! Here's why:


My daughter is 7 1/2 - 8 lbs according to my doctor this week. That's insane. I have an 8 lb baby living inside of me. I'm drinking Raspberry tea right now. Come on baby!

I've done a lot this week...I washed all of her clothes, blankets etc. Put together the diaper genie, swing, bouncy seat. The car is cleaned so we'll install the car seat tomorrow. All that's left is to clean out our bedroom and put the bassinet together. I think this is what they call "nesting". I feel like I have to get it all done. Oh and I'll be packing my hospital bag this weekend too. Bonny gave me a nice light house coat and slippers for my hospital stay.

Here's my hunny, the Dad, and our new AUTO. I absolutely love this car, it has a SUN ROOF. I've never had a sun roof, that's why I'm so excited. It's a great car to drive to, power everything including memory drivers seat. The back seat has a built in booster seat for the kiddo! Oh and the best thing, it only cost $500. Corey knew the guy really well so he gave us a STEAL.


I was playing with my camera and thought the night shots looked ok. They look better when on the camera.

Tomorrow we're going to go to the racetrack to gamble on some horses. I wanted to go see Click at the drive-in but it was the second movie, starting at 12:30am and AFTER the Davinci Code (I want to read the book first) so we decided to forget it. I did have a free dinner at Tuckers Market Place! I'm a sucker for free stuff and hey, it's a buffet so you can't go wrong!

For My Darling Baby Girl: I'm ready. Please be born soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger W&MGrad said...

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear Sarah!
Happy birthday to you!

And I'm betting that Samantha will be here sooner than you think--it sounds like you are "nesting!"

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter