Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

We're Still Not Parents

Well, NOTHING happening yet. I mean NOTHING.

I don't know what a "Braxton Hicks" contraction is because I swear I've never had one.

I don't think I've dropped....Corey and his mom keep saying I have but I think they're just trying to be optimistic.

I'm not leaking (I know, you don't have to, but everyone else on my pregnancy board seems to be!).

The baby is still moving (apparently they stop moving for a week before they're born???).

I'm due next Tuesday. I know I'm not over due yet so I should just stop whining but this pregnant thing has gotten REAL boring. I'm wearing the same two pair of shorts over and over again, I never really feel like eating but get these really strong hunger pains without a moments notice, I have this pain in my back that makes me walk like a cripple (and no, it's not back labour, Corey and I have been trying the "do the deed" induction method and well...one of the positions we tried didn't work too well) and I'm HUGE. I'm really really excited about the fact that I'll soon be able to bend over and pick things up. When Corey and I play cards I'll sometimes drop one (oh yea, I'm clumsy now too) and he gets the biggest laugh out of the fact that I can't pick up the card myself.

We've decided on her full name finally. See originally it was Samantha Catherine Long but Corey felt a bit unsettled about having just my mom's middle name given the circumstances of her passing. He felt it would be bad karma for the baby or something. He wanted to add his mom's middle name but I just couldn't do it....her name is Bonita. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone who's name is Bonita...but I just don't like it! To me it's one of those "old lady" names. Like Shirley or Gertrude or Blanche. So I x-nayed that idea and we started looking at names we liked and dropping my mom's name altogether. The other night we were explaining this to Bonny (Bonita) and she was trying to argue with Corey about him not wanting Catherine. I told her to stop, he had legitimate reasoning behind his argument so we starting talking about family names. My grandmothers name is Shirley and Corey's are Victoria and Bertie. Yea, no. Middle names, my grandmothers is Patricia, but that's also mine, Corey's are...I don't remember and BELLE (Bertie Belle - gag - sorry grammy). SO, if Samantha is born on July 9th she'll be Samantha Victoria Long after Corey's one grandmother because her birthday is July 9th. Any other day, she'll be Samantha Catherine Belle Long. Sammy Belle! Don't ya love it?

See what my life has been reduced to...sitting around waiting for a baby to be born and boring people with long complicated stories about names. I hope she's born soon so we can move on to tales of spit up and poopy diapers.

For My Darling Baby Girl: OK just how comfortable are you in there? I've been bouncing around on my exercise ball, drinking raspberry tea leaf, walking (as much as a cripple can) and NOTHING. I know I eat well (you do love those frosted mini wheats!) and have been pretty lazy so it hasn't been TOO bumpy, but Mommy is really tired of having you invade her space like this and both Daddy and I REALLY want to meet you. Let's get this show on the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter