Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back Breaking....Painting?

The long weekend is over and of course, it wasn't long enough. Sleeping in for three days REALLY did me good but then it also did me bad. I couldn't get to sleep early enough on Sunday night so I was exhausted on Monday and then of course you just can't catch up until the following weekend. Ugh. I need to remember that this is going to be my life, sleep deprived, for like the rest of my life. STOP WHINING and GET USED TO IT.

Friday was pretty boring. Everything was closed so we kinda sat around going "I wish I could go shopping". We had nothing we needed to buy, I think just knowing that everything was closed made us bored. Funny how that works. We did rent the movie "King Kong" though. I don't know if it was my hormones or what but man, I was deeply moved by that movie! The scene with the killer bugs made me scream. I can't think of a movie where I've been so physically scared. Then of course when they brought King Kong to the US and later when he died I *bawled* my eyes out. Corey's not a crier and usually makes fun of me a little but I think he could see that my hormones had obviously taken over because yes, I always cry but no, I don't always SOB.

Saturday we went out to home depot and bought paint for the babies room. We got light blue for the top half of the walls, dark blue for the bottom and for $9 we got a premixed and castaway pinky/purple. After he worked on his truck for like 7 hours, Corey painted the two blues (and two coats of each at that!) and I must say, it looks fantastic. The Finding Nemo border paper will look great in between them. I was in charge of masking the walls and boy, it was hard to maneuver around that room with this giant belly. My legs STILL ache and my back, well, I need to book a massage.

I watched the movie "The Weatherman" on Saturday. It was a good movie. I really got into it. No crying or anything but I liked the story. Wait, I think I watched this movie on Sunday. Yes that's right, Sunday morning! Pregnancy brain.

Sunday I masked the walls again for the pink trim and white ceiling. Corey finished that in the evening and the room looks FANTASTIC. The pink trim girled it up and I was REALLY excited at the end of the day. Corey told me we have to take lots of pictures so she'll appreciate all our hard work LOL We exchanged Easter chocolates and I must admit, I haven't had a single one yet. I'm afraid to, I'll admit it. I don't want to get out of control!

Monday I got home from work and did a pink stencil border around the top of the room. Well I did half, the other half is getting finished tonight. The Finding Nemo border paper is probably going up tonight too. If Corey can figure out how to use a laser level that is. This could mean pictures by the end of the week so watch for 'em!

The weather has been so gorgeous. I hate sitting here in this stuffy office. It's getting harder and harder to be here I tell ya. I finally started training my replacement though so the end is in sight! It's a crazy feeling when you think about it. I have worked full time since I was 17. The longest I've had off was 3 weeks. My vacation leading up to maternity is 4 weeks! My plan for those 4 weeks is to SLEEP IN. I'm serious, that's it.

For My Darling Baby Girl: Thought I'd give you a Daddy-time update. You guys seem to have a schedule now. He talks to you every night before bed and you are the most active when he does. In case you've been wondering what he's been singing to you, it's the ABC's. He does it first in English and then in French. He did great with the French on his first try. He just got stuck at W. Last night he changed the alphabet up a bit to include "Sam likes listening to me" (where the L-M-N-O-P usually goes). I still think you'll be a genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter