Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

WPT Here I Come!

Had a really nice weekend. Friday night we pretty much did nothing. No wait, we watched a movie. Fun with Dick and Jane. Nothing spectacular, nice and fluffy. After that we watched some "Fridays Without Borders" on Showcase. I won't go into what that means, my daughter will be reading this one day! If you're dying to know I'll e-mail you or leave a message in your blog. How's that?

Saturday Corey and I had a bit of a scuffle. He wanted to clean clean clean and I wasn't feeling particularly cleany so I whined. That started the ball rolling and things escalated into quite the fight. We're both very opinionated, hard headed, smart (I think) and can't lose. Oh and passionate, so our fights can get quite heated. At one point I was sitting in the car in front of the house with Corey's cell phone, Corey was outside in front of the house smoking a cigarette and I was supposed to be calling my cousin to say we weren't going to make it to the anniversary party. Well he came back to the car after his smoke, asked why I didn't call. I told him I didn't know what to say so he said then lets just go. We went. That's how we fight.

We actually made it on time to the restaurant (2 hour drive) with time to spare! I was worried I wouldn't recognize anyone because of my pregnancy brain (seriously, it's bad) and for the first 20 minutes I didn't know anyone so my panic was heightened. Luckily my Aunt's sister showed up and I had met her before. I thought I recognized her and was saved by someone saying "That's Jackie's Sister!" out loud before she reached our end of the table. My Aunt and Uncle were pleasantly surprised. Apparently my cousin Norman has had surprise parties before where every neighbour and customer they'd ever met was invited so they had demanded no party. He did good though and kept it small and intimate so he saved his own butt.

After dinner my Aunt and Uncle went to their theme roomed hotel to do whatever people do on 25th wedding anniversaries. We went back to the house with my cousins and once the kids were in bed the alcohol and poker chips arrived. One of my cousins spends a lot of time playing poker, online, with friends and in tournaments. Well guess what sober little me did? Kicked butt! I won! It was down to him and I but I had a HUGE chip lead. I had taken out all of the others before him so he had to go all in on almost every hand and I won. I was pretty happy about that. The buy in was only $5 and Corey and my cousin's gf had each bought back in for another $5 so I won like $30. Next game my cousin got brave and I swear I took him out on like the 4th or 5th hand. I ended up winning that game too! Another $20. I'm signing up for the World Poker Tour tomorrow.

I had a rough sleep that night. We only got to bed at like 3am and the mattress was tooo soft so I had the hardest time rolling over and my limbs kept falling asleep. Made it through a day of visiting on Sunday but was in bed by 9pm that night.

Last night Corey almost got arrested. Good times eh? It's a long story but basically Corey lost his cool. He didn't hit anyone but he grabbed this guy and he called the cops because he's a pussy. No I'm serious, we all think he's in the closet. The cops loved Corey and the guy who called the cops said he wouldn't press charges if Corey paid him CASH. Money that Corey's Uncle owed him (that's what started the whole thing). We paid him the money, got a receipt and the cops had some really nice words for Corey. He admitted he was wrong (to the cops, not the a$$hole), co-operated and paid the money. We got a receipt for the money and it said the matter was over with. Good thing too because then this morning this guy calls the house and says his neck and back hurt so we'd be hearing from his lawyer! The cops are NOT going to be pleased about this. Corey is mucho angry but he's keeping his cool. I think he knows he only got the one shot. Should be interesting to see how this plays out, the guy screwed himself now. His mom is Corey's mom's like best friend and we know he's desperate for money to buy a house. I can't believe someone so stupid exists in this world.

Drama drama drama.

For My Darling Baby Girl: You scared me on Sunday and I know, it's your Dad's fault. He'd had a bit too much to drink and it was like 5am when he came to bed so you didn't get your ABC's. Did you have to NOT MOVE the entire next morning though? I had some serious cramping during the night so I was about to go into labour and delivery. I know I know, we kept you up till 3am so you were probably sleeping. He promised me last night that he won't miss another nighttime song with his baby (or Mommy will KILL him, heh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter