Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Countdown Keeping Me Busy

I'm in the final stretch here at work and so my blogging and Internet surfing time is getting severely compromised. It's good that I'm almost done (4 weeks!) but bad because, well, I actually have to do some work around here! Imagine!

So what's been happening. On the weekend we went to the baby show. It was ok, got a lot of free samples of stuff like stretch mark cream. The "Biggest Baby Shower" turned out to be listening to boring speakers for two hours and then getting a bad filled with more stretch mark cream (that was the "free gift" incentive). Not even close to worth the $28 admission we paid for the two of us but I made up for it by winning $100 on a Kentucky Derby pool the same day so all was not lost. We ran into a couple who had a baby last year that we know, they're having another in October as well, so that did make things brighter as well. The Dad came over yesterday and gave Corey a bit of a "wake up" talk about the reality of having a baby, VERY GOOD THING. Corey has no idea how this is going to change our lives. This is the only child who wants six kids!

On Tuesday we had our first pre-natal class. It was a lot of fun! There were 8 couples in total and we were the second "most pregnant" couple. The most pregnant was due July 3rd and the least pregnant was due August 13. The teacher had a super French accent and asked near the beginning who spoke French and I raised my hand! It created a bit of a bond, I noticed she remembered my name. She went through the phases of pregnancy and then labour. We learned some exercises that we need to be working on (Kegals!) and then Corey got to massage my calves and feet. Apparently he should be doing this every night :) (Wait, let me take that smile back, it's Friday and he hasn't rubbed my feet since) I was a bit embarrassed because my feet were obviously swollen and she used them as an "example" of why the massaging needed to happen. She also showed the guys how to rub coconut oil on our bellies to create "bonding time" with the baby. She was VERY impressed to hear that Corey talks to Samantha every night and that she knows his voice. The other guys kinda made fun of him because he said he likes to sing her the ABC's (you know guys, they were like "awww, how cute" in a very sarcastic way) but Corey was beaming with pride. We left the class feeling very happy and close.

Oh! Corey booked us a trip to New Jersey to visit my cousin Heather this weekend! I think he could tell that I was getting anxious about Mother's day and needed to get away. I couldn't believe he got tickets, I was unable to find ANY to Minneapolis and New Jersey for the following long weekend. We leave tomorrow at 6:15am (yikes!) and come back home on Monday night. I'll be calling in sick on Monday and get two long weekends in a row! It should be fun, we're going to do the NYC tour thing on Sunday and on Monday I'm going to TARGET. I know, what's her excitement over TARGET of all places. My online friends from the US have mentioned it so much and I've never been so it's going to be cool to finally know what they're all talking about. We don't have much money to spend but don't need much really. Our Canadian dollar is ROCKING at over 0.90 so we're not getting slaughtered. I'll have some pictures next week!

I had my 32 week Doctors appointment today. I've only gained ONE POUND in the last 2 1/2 weeks! Go me! I rock! Baby is growing perfectly and has a "strong heartbeat". Passed my sugar test, "perfect" blood pressure...all is good.

For My Darling Baby Girl: You still haven't turned for us. I'm going to ask your Dad to start talking lower to you so maybe you'll move towards his voice. You have to be head down by the time you're ready to come out if we're going to do this vaginally. Mommy doesn't want to get cut up! (but will if she has to) Mommy would also like to avoid an induction if at all possible so take another 6-8 weeks to get ready and then come on out ok! Daddy and Mommy are getting anxious to finally meet you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter