Post Traumatic Growth 101

From traumatic beginings to "normal life", choosing to grow and wanting to empower others. This is my story.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Toronto - Pittsburgh - Newark and Back

What a fun weekend. First let me apologise for not posting pictures today. They're still on the digital camera! My bad.

Let's begin with Friday night. The Oilers were playing the Sharks and Corey went out to watch the game. I went to pick him up at 11:30pm and he was pretty drunk (the Oilers won). I went right to bed since we had to be up at oh, FOUR AM. He had other plans aparently and at 1:30am I heard some strange voice saying "Well someone called for this Pizza and has to pay". I went downstairs and Corey was passed out on the couch. His dad, who was also drunk, was walking around saying he couldn't wake Corey up and that Corey was an idiot. I SCREAMED at Corey to wake up and he did. He had money sitting on his chest and was startled. He said "I'm waiting for my pizza!" and I was like "It's here dumbass." I'm not the politest person when I've been woken from a deep sleep. He at his pizza and probably got to bed at 2am? Needless to say 4am was NOT a good time for Corey.

We made it to the airport by about 4:40am. Our flight was leaving at 6:15am. Customs had a HUGE line and then of course I got stopped by immigration. Last year when Corey and I went to Florida I got stopped and sent into the interrogation room. They asked me all kinds of questions like "where do you work", "why are you going to the US this weekend", "who's going to be with you at the other end". It freaked me out. The customs agent told me that someone with the same exact name and birthday, but different passport number had been through the border and I guess that makes them suspicious. When I went to Philly I forgot my passport and got through OK, but then had to be interrogated, got my finger prints taken and a digital photo taken this trip. The guy said he thinks someone tried to steal my identity. I did have my purse stolen back in like 1998, so that is a possibility! I need to find out if there's anyway to avoid the interrogation though, cause it's kinda embarassing and scary.

The flights were short and sweet. We got there at around 10am and spent the day with my Uncle touring Denville NJ, eating fantastic fat laden foods and doing a bit of shopping. My "family down south" have a beautiful home in a really nice (green) neighbourhood. Corey and I made BBQ and hung out on their deck (where I fell asleep and got sunburnt) with my Uncle. After dinner my cousin and I had some quality alone time doing what we love, shopping. We bought Corey a Do-Rag. Just thinking about it cracks me up.

Sunday we went into NYC. I had a GREAT day! Corey unfortunately didn't like the mass amount of people. Travelling with him is NOT going to be the greatest. We're VERY different travellers. I don't mind crowds and people, I'm just all about the sights I've read about etc. He however would rather just hang out in the country, relaxing. I'd be so bored after like a day. So something we'll have to figure out and work with I guess. I'm sure the kid(s) will change how we travel anyway.

Monday I went out with my Aunt who had returned from Toronto (of all places!) and cousin to TARGET. I've been obsessed with Target for years. My friends in the US mentioned how great it is and I have been dying to go to one. The prices on baby things were GREAT and I wish I could have registered there but otherwise I dunno....it's Zellers. Only really red. I thought the lighting was even reddish. We also went to TJ Max and I got a cute little Baby Enstien set for the baby.

When we checked the Internet for our flight we saw that it was delayed. Bummer, but we went to the airport at the same time we planned anyway. Good thing, we got on an earlier flight that had also been delayed and arrived home 2 hours early! When does THAT ever happen?

So all in all a nice trip and a good "last trip as non-parents". I'll never forget: Whoopie Pies, Stewarts Steak and Cheese, Pittsburgh Steak and Cheese, Whoopie Pies, getting kicked out of a baby store for having muddy shoes, the carriage ride in Central Park, the huge elephant in FAO Schwartz, Whoopie Pies, finding out what actually Yoo Hoo is (yuck!), traffic boredom, my uncle with chalk on his nose, Whoopie Pies, street meat, DVDDVDDVDDVD, the smell of pee, brittney spear's limo and Whoopie Pies.

For My Darling Baby Girl: I wonder if you felt the take off when we were flying. I was massaging your back (at least I think it was your back) to keep you calm and I could tell you liked it. I also think you liked all the walking I did on Sunday because you were very quiet, I imagine lulled to sleep. I promise if I win the lottery you'll get a HUGE stuffed Elephant in your room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter